Monday, October 13, 2014

Daily 5

When my students come into my room.  They know to do the Daily 5.

1.)  Take out homework, write night's homework assignment in school planner
2.) Load netbook (they take forevvvvvver to load)
3.) Write objective as the title of their notes with date.  ex. SWBAT (Students will be able to) add integers
4.) Problem of the Day (PoD)- They turn this into my box. I look over their answers and if majority of students need help.  I reteach to whole group.  If only a few students need help, I pull small groups. 
5.) Khan Academy Playlist- I have created playlists listing skills students need to master by a certain date.  They usually have 3 weeks to master a list of 7-10 skills.   As students are working on Khan, I am able to pull the small groups to go over PoD.

My board above shows the problem of the day is IXL and Khan.  I usually have a specific problem that we are working on.  However the only picture of my board is from a day we did Khan as the problem of the day.  Sometimes I will do this when I know exactly which students need my help on a skill from data collected the day before.  In this instance, I gave a checkpoint and wanted more time with 5 students.  Therefore, the other students were working on this same skill but at a more advanced level online.



No comments:

Post a Comment