Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mastery Trackers

I'm so excited for my new trackers I made this past weekend.  I'm using mine with my Khan Academy playlists, but you really could use this idea for any content or goal.  I call my left tracker the Khan Energy Point Club.  Students move their clothes pins up the ladder as they earn more and more energy points.  I implemented it on Monday, and so far my students are really excited when they get a clothespin and move it.  They haven't asked me about what they win if they reach the top, so I haven't actually said they win anything. It seems as if winning pride will be enough for this!  Woohoo!

The right tracker is also for Khan Academy, and it tracks percentage mastery of Common Core standards.  A teacher can totally set this up with any content and grade level in their classroom.  Again, the students seem to be happy with the pride of their accomplishments with this one also.   Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment