Wednesday, October 22, 2014

PBS Math Club Youtube Channel

http://www.radiantfeatures.com
One of my awesome twitter followers sent me a link to the PBS Math Club Youtube Channel. I'm sure I do a pretty great job making math look cool, but I am not nearly as great as these youngsters on this channel.  Oh jeez, did I just use the phrase youngster?  Anyways, these kids from PBS made really awesome and hilarious videos for different math skills. They are extremely worth taking a peek at.  I showed adding negative numbers to my students today, and they seemed to be keen on it.  It was really fun and enjoyable to watch the students' reactions in the classroom during the video, and it started making me think about how my students can do this too!  How cool would it be to have students get into groups and make videos for different skills.  I've done something like this before, but I usually get a student going step by step describing how to solve a problem. Instead of them creating these sometimes dry videos, it would be awesome to have these as samples for them to create their own and relate it to real world.  I hear a future project starting to be created as we speak!  Awesome!  This is just one more thing to add into my toolbox .  

No comments:

Post a Comment